Seasonal Nursery Assistant
Rate: £8.50 per hour + accrued holiday pay in lieu of holidays
Period: For 12 weeks only. Minimum 40 hours/week required. (Please note: no holidays can be booked in this period because of our seasonal requirement)
Start date: February 18th or March 18th 2019
Based at: Iver Flowerland, Bucks
Reports to: Nursery Manager and Duty Manager
Assisting the managers in the general day to day running of the nursery. Assisting in growing plants of high quality and value. Assisting with maximising efficiency, profitability and ensuring all crops are sold through to their full potential. Assisting with minimising costs, energy and waste. To uphold and promote all values, objectives, rules, procedures and the spirit of the company, and not the contrary.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Punctuality & efficient use of the clocking in system, looking after the whereabouts of your fob key.
- Always prioritising managers’ and supervisors’ requests or tasks and achieving deadlines to a set standard.
- General plant care; watering, cleaning, dead heading, spacing and moving crops for cultural reasons.
- Potting up plants on a production line, labeling and recording accurately.
- Help in all areas of the business as needed; restocking of garden centre and cleaning of substandard product, when instructed by manager.
- Willingness to work longer hours as well as some weekends, to get the weekly production and/or weekly work requirements done.
- Being responsible for yours and others health and safety at all times. Informing immediately any Health & Safety, First Aid and Fire issues.
- Whilst working in retail areas, always being available, happy to serve and polite to customers, even when clocked out and going to breaks. Good personal presentation, clean pressed clothing, adhering to uniform if supplied. Using your personal mobile phone for personal reasons only when clocked out of your shift.
- General cleaning, housekeeping and disposal of rubbish in the designated areas. Keeping tools, hoses, trolleys and machinery clean, tidy and secure at the end of a shift.